Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

contact resistance and contact area through a contact pair in comsol 4.0a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Question 1:
In my 3D model developed in comsol 4a, how do I find the contact area in a contact pair ?
In version 3.5a, I surface integrated the contact variable, contact_cp, over the slave boundary.
In comsol 4a i do not find it, only the gap variable, and the contact stress, Tn. How do I do it in Comsol 4a

Question 2:
When electric current is going through a contact pair by the electrostatics (es) module, how is the best way to set up the contact pair in the es-module for establishing a contact resistance over the pair that vary with Tn ?

For instance in the electric current module (ec), the contact resistance setting is no longer defined specially for a defined pair (do not belong to the pair-menu). What setting settings under the "pair-menu" has to be used in addition to the contact resistance setting ?

0 Replies Last Post Sep 2, 2010, 3:39 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dag Herman Andersen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.