Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

LiveLink and Matlab: How to install

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey All,

I am a bit confused on how to install Livelink for Comsol. When I start my Comsol installation (4.0a) there are no entries for LiveLink included as a box to check and install, even though I have an entry in the license file. I also do not have an installation pdf for it.

It is possible that I've become mind blinded by many simulations a day :)

Please share your experience.

2 Replies Last Post Jul 28, 2010, 5:31 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 28, 2010, 4:03 a.m. EDT
Hi
I believe for me that I had both a licence file entry and an installation entry, as I unselected a few livelink's proposed without interest for me

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe for me that I had both a licence file entry and an installation entry, as I unselected a few livelink's proposed without interest for me -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 28, 2010, 5:31 a.m. EDT
Danial,
I did a quick check on your license and it contains LiveLink for MATLAB and should trigger that installation component. Please contact technical support if your problems remain.

Niklas Rom, COMSOL
Danial, I did a quick check on your license and it contains LiveLink for MATLAB and should trigger that installation component. Please contact technical support if your problems remain. Niklas Rom, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.