Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 4 simple 3D simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am trying to simulate a simple 3D mechanical structure (a 2um SiO2 deposited on 15umGaAs substrate). However after I am adding my mesh and setting all parameters when I start the simulation it bring me 2 error which I have no clue what they are. I have attached my the errors I am getting to the post

Note: I have done my simulation on in 2D and they are fine and I am sure somthing is wrong with my meshing.

Regards,
Mehrdad

1 Reply Last Post Jul 28, 2010, 3:38 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 28, 2010, 3:38 a.m. EDT
Hi

first of all for so small items ensure that your tolerances are set to accept <= 1E-7 or smaller items, that you have at least a few elements per layer.

A system matrix =0 is for me typically not fully defined material or BC (boundary conditions)

and the "mean" operator is probably not correctly defined on that surface, is it "your" user mean or an internal one ? in any case go over your operators and post processing cases and check that the correct geometrical items are defined in the select box

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi first of all for so small items ensure that your tolerances are set to accept

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.