Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol multiphysics 4 on MS HPC 2008

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

How can Install Comsol multiphysics v4 on Microsoft HPC Server 2008 Cluster?

I've HPC Server 2008 running and operational with some apps such as matlab & etc , but I don't have any document from comsol about how to install comsol on this cluster and how should I set environment variables, shares, permissions &... to bringing comsol on to operational state with HPC 2008.

there is a brief manual for using comsol with cluster included in installation DVD, but no cluster installation info.

any answer or document will be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies Last Post Mar 2, 2011, 9:10 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello M Chitsaz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 14, 2011, 2:05 a.m. EST
I am also trying to run comsol on winodw HPC server 2008 but I got several errors.

Did you run cluster calculation on window HPC server 2008 with comsol?

Please let me know if you are done with this topic.
I am also trying to run comsol on winodw HPC server 2008 but I got several errors. Did you run cluster calculation on window HPC server 2008 with comsol? Please let me know if you are done with this topic.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 14, 2011, 9:50 a.m. EST
Hello,
apart from the 4.1 Installation and Operations guide, we have some downloadable quick-sheets here:
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1001/

If you have any specific problem please contact support@comsol.com and make sure to quote your license number.

kind regards

Niklas
Hello, apart from the 4.1 Installation and Operations guide, we have some downloadable quick-sheets here: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1001/ If you have any specific problem please contact support@comsol.com and make sure to quote your license number. kind regards Niklas

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 2, 2011, 9:10 a.m. EST
Hi ,
Iam Zeeshan from PDC , we have network floating license and configured like stated in PDF . when running cluster job i am getting this error .

Aborting MPI_COMM_WORLD error comm rank 0

any hint ?
Hi , Iam Zeeshan from PDC , we have network floating license and configured like stated in PDF . when running cluster job i am getting this error . Aborting MPI_COMM_WORLD error comm rank 0 any hint ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.