Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

flux conservation in transport of diluted species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear community,

I am trying to modelize the transport of ions through a membrane with Electrostatics and Transport of Diluted Species. The model is composed of 2 water chambers at each side of the membrane and a short micro channel between the membrane and one chamber. An electric potential is applied on top of one water chamber and I measure the current generated by the flux of ions in the channel. My problem is that the integrated total flux differs from the sum of diffusion flux and electrophoretic flux, and each one is different at the beginning and at the end of the channel, even though there is a non-flux boundary condition on the edge of the channel...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Let me attach the file. The integrated currents are in derivated values (hole sup and hole inf are respectively the entrance and exit of the microchannel).

Thanks,
Charlotte

0 Replies Last Post Dec 2, 2014, 1:39 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Charlotte Constans

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.