Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Buoyancy Force

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I know that there was a discussion about buoyancy forces acting on a rigid body but i spent some time for solving this problem and I will appreciate if you help me about my situation.

First of all I need to model and graph all the forces acting on an arbitrary body in a closed cube of stationary water . The density of my particle will be close to the density of water.
From that i have to make an animation for observing the movement of my arbitrary body.

I followed instruction for the example terminal velocity of falling sand grain. But i have some question which i dont understand in that example's instruction pdf.
1) What is Xdott, Xdot?? and where do you define those?
2) What does reacf() operator stand for? Does it include all acting forces like for example in vertical movement drag and buoyancy forces?

Thank you

1 Reply Last Post Jan 28, 2017, 4:47 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yusuf Kahraman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Jan 28, 2017, 4:47 p.m. EST
See link below
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/46937
See link below https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/46937

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.