Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to build three phase flow model in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all. Now I am trying to study a water droplet drop onto an oil surface, so the main physics processes concern about the fluid flow model. And We can use a level set two fluid flow to model two phase flow. I am wondering if it is possible to use two two fluid flow models to define that process, or I need define them by using PDE-based equtions? Thx.

3 Replies Last Post Jan 24, 2016, 8:20 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello James Liu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago Apr 16, 2015, 6:38 a.m. EDT
Hello,

I am interested in a similar model as well. Any examples out there?

Wein
Hello, I am interested in a similar model as well. Any examples out there? Wein

Posted: 9 years ago Sep 19, 2015, 2:15 p.m. EDT
Me too, I have similar simulation. I tried level set and phase field, even moving mesh, but I still didn't work out, have you worked them out?
Me too, I have similar simulation. I tried level set and phase field, even moving mesh, but I still didn't work out, have you worked them out?

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 24, 2016, 8:20 a.m. EST
A good example can be find here: www.comsol.com/blogs/simulate-three-phase-flow-with-a-new-phase-field-interface/

James
A good example can be find here: http://www.comsol.com/blogs/simulate-three-phase-flow-with-a-new-phase-field-interface/ James

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.