Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Darcy with discrete fracture and convection/conduction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am working on a hydro-thermal problem using the Earth science module (Darcy and convection/conduction). My model dimension is 200 m by 1000 m with 0.5-1mm fractures. I want to see temperature variations in matrix and fractures due to fluid flow thru fractures. To avoid a lot of mesh, I hope to use discrete fracuture network method as "fracture porous" in the fluid flow model library of the Earth science module. Is it possible to couple conduction/convection with discrete fracture? Any information will be very helpful for me. Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post May 2, 2010, 2:47 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 2, 2010, 2:47 p.m. EDT
Hi
What do you mean by discrete fracture?
I am working on solute transport in fractured porous media and have some difficulty regarding coupling the darcy and solute transport equations. we can share our experiences.
please keep in contact with me via: milad.saidian@gmail.com
My moled is in micro scale and I put fractures based on parallel plate theory of fractures and define them as a subdomain with high permeability and porosity equal 1. I also define dispersivities for them which is equal to aero for the matrix.
Send me an email as soon as possible.
Regards
Hi What do you mean by discrete fracture? I am working on solute transport in fractured porous media and have some difficulty regarding coupling the darcy and solute transport equations. we can share our experiences. please keep in contact with me via: milad.saidian@gmail.com My moled is in micro scale and I put fractures based on parallel plate theory of fractures and define them as a subdomain with high permeability and porosity equal 1. I also define dispersivities for them which is equal to aero for the matrix. Send me an email as soon as possible. Regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.