Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error: 7214 No augmented components in Solcomp.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

what should I do to avoid this error in mechanics module???

my model consist of 3*1 array of unit cells..
I've tried use "create pairs" tool but without success.

thanks in advance,
Alex

6 Replies Last Post Mar 3, 2011, 3:50 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 12, 2010, 7:27 a.m. EDT
Hi

That one is unknown for me, are you sure you are dealing correctly with "assembly mode" and "pairs" ?
Try to follow one or a couple of the exercices

Good luck
Ivar
Hi That one is unknown for me, are you sure you are dealing correctly with "assembly mode" and "pairs" ? Try to follow one or a couple of the exercices Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 2, 2011, 3:27 a.m. EST
Hello! I have the same problem,too.
I am dealing with a structural-thermal coupling model. It has 4 subdomains,and I used assembly and creat 4 pairs.The pairs are active in both "htgh" and "smsld". In "htgh“ the continuity boundary condition is available on assembly pairs and in "smsld" the "contact and friction models" is used and I setted "static friction coefficient" as 0.2. I took the "free mesher",and solve the "htgh" with statical solver. BUT,I have the error:7214,"No augmented components in solcomp" and I don't konw the reason. And my model file is 6.23 MB, it is informed "file size error" when I tried to upload the model.
I do need your help because it is very important and urgent. And thank you very much!
And my email:liuyajuan89@gmail.com.

Detail:
Exception:
com.femlab.jni.FlNativeException: No augmented components in solcomp

Stack trace:
at auglagsolver.cpp, row 152, ()
at com.femlab.solver.FlSolver.femStatic(Native Method)
at com.femlab.solver.FemStatic.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.server.FlRunner.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.i.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.aa.run(Unknown Source)

Hello! I have the same problem,too. I am dealing with a structural-thermal coupling model. It has 4 subdomains,and I used assembly and creat 4 pairs.The pairs are active in both "htgh" and "smsld". In "htgh“ the continuity boundary condition is available on assembly pairs and in "smsld" the "contact and friction models" is used and I setted "static friction coefficient" as 0.2. I took the "free mesher",and solve the "htgh" with statical solver. BUT,I have the error:7214,"No augmented components in solcomp" and I don't konw the reason. And my model file is 6.23 MB, it is informed "file size error" when I tried to upload the model. I do need your help because it is very important and urgent. And thank you very much! And my email:liuyajuan89@gmail.com. Detail: Exception: com.femlab.jni.FlNativeException: No augmented components in solcomp Messages: No augmented components in solcomp Stack trace: at auglagsolver.cpp, row 152, () at com.femlab.solver.FlSolver.femStatic(Native Method) at com.femlab.solver.FemStatic.run(Unknown Source) at com.femlab.server.FlRunner.run(Unknown Source) at com.femlab.util.i.run(Unknown Source) at com.femlab.util.aa.run(Unknown Source)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 2, 2011, 9:47 a.m. EST
Hi, I get the reason.
There is no problem when I chose "identity pair", the diference between "contact pair" and "identity pair" is the mesh. We must make the elements and points are same in the contact pair boundry ,so I duplicated the mesh from one boundry in the pair to the another,then the problem was resolved.
Hi, I get the reason. There is no problem when I chose "identity pair", the diference between "contact pair" and "identity pair" is the mesh. We must make the elements and points are same in the contact pair boundry ,so I duplicated the mesh from one boundry in the pair to the another,then the problem was resolved.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 2, 2011, 9:47 a.m. EST
Hi, I get the reason.
There is no problem when I chose "identity pair", the diference between "contact pair" and "identity pair" is the mesh. We must make the elements and points are same in the contact pair boundry ,so I duplicated the mesh from one boundry in the pair to the another,then the problem was resolved.
Hi, I get the reason. There is no problem when I chose "identity pair", the diference between "contact pair" and "identity pair" is the mesh. We must make the elements and points are same in the contact pair boundry ,so I duplicated the mesh from one boundry in the pair to the another,then the problem was resolved.

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 2, 2011, 9:49 a.m. EST
Hi,I don't know whether you resolve the problem and you can try the method as follows.
And good luck!

Yajuan
Hi,I don't know whether you resolve the problem and you can try the method as follows. There is no problem when I chose "identity pair", the diference between "contact pair" and "identity pair" is the mesh. We must make the elements and points are same in the contact pair boundry ,so I duplicated the mesh from one boundry in the pair to the another,then the problem was resolved. And good luck! Yajuan

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 3, 2011, 3:50 a.m. EST
Hi!
I am sorry, i found that the method above can't resolve the problem.
BUT, when i cleared the "the augmented lagrangian solver" click box this afternoon, the error disappeared. And maybe this is the available method.

Best wish?
Yajuan
Hi! I am sorry, i found that the method above can't resolve the problem. BUT, when i cleared the "the augmented lagrangian solver" click box this afternoon, the error disappeared. And maybe this is the available method. Best wish? Yajuan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.