Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving mesh in 2d axial symmetic system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hallo

I am trying to make a sensor model similar to the one in the model libaray > MEMS Modue > Sensor Models > pressure sensor 2d. The different is that it is in 2d axial symetic system (2d axi-symetic) system, and also a litte different, but more simple in design.

I have succesfully made the toturial in the normal 2d sensor, an I have copied it to the 2d axi-symetic case. But when I change the varibles from u and v in the normal 2d to uor and w in the 2d axi-symetic case it can't find the uor varible.

I have also looked at and tried the varible uaxi, as this is not devided with the radius, as far as I have read.

But I can't get it to work, and i need som help.

The error that comes is:

Error: 6170
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: uor
- Geometry: 1
- Boundary: 3
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: d(((test(r)*lm3-test(lm3)*(uor-r+R))-(0))*(dvol),{test@1})

Thanks in advance

Lasse Lorenzen

1 Reply Last Post Oct 21, 2010, 12:01 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lasse Lorenzen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 21, 2010, 12:01 p.m. EDT
I'm also using the Moving Mesh as well...
I don't remember how I found out, but I think that the Moving Mesh domain should be called out as "our*R" and "w" for dr and dz

I think that should help you.
I'm also using the Moving Mesh as well... I don't remember how I found out, but I think that the Moving Mesh domain should be called out as "our*R" and "w" for dr and dz I think that should help you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.