Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time dependent study with Transportation of Diluted Species in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I am simulating transportation of target molecule to bind with probe molecule in a particular spot in flow system. I can see the increasing of the concentration of complex occurring from bounded target and probe molecule (c) over time. However, when increasing the ending time point says,
(0,20,900) starting looking at the time 0 with 20sec increment until 900
(0,20,1800)
(0,20,2700)

The value of c in each time configuration (0,20,900), (0,20,1800) and (0,20,2700) do not overlap perfectly.
I am wondering if anyone has ever had this problem. Please let me know if I do anything wrong with this.

Thank you very much.
Best wishes,
Wanaruk

2 Replies Last Post Jan 22, 2014, 11:22 a.m. EST
Phillip COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 21, 2014, 9:02 a.m. EST
Hi,

the times that you chose for your study are not necessarily equal to the time steps chosen by the solver. Thus, you always get interpolation solutions. Try to change the solver time stepping to “strict” to force the solver to calculate the solutions exactly at the desired times (Study 1 --> Solver Configurations --> Solver 1 --> Time-Dependent Solver 1 -> Time Stepping).

Good luck with your model.

--
Best Regards
Phillip
Hi, the times that you chose for your study are not necessarily equal to the time steps chosen by the solver. Thus, you always get interpolation solutions. Try to change the solver time stepping to “strict” to force the solver to calculate the solutions exactly at the desired times (Study 1 --> Solver Configurations --> Solver 1 --> Time-Dependent Solver 1 -> Time Stepping). Good luck with your model. -- Best Regards Phillip

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 22, 2014, 11:22 a.m. EST

Hi,

the times that you chose for your study are not necessarily equal to the time steps chosen by the solver. Thus, you always get interpolation solutions. Try to change the solver time stepping to “strict” to force the solver to calculate the solutions exactly at the desired times (Study 1 --> Solver Configurations --> Solver 1 --> Time-Dependent Solver 1 -> Time Stepping).

Good luck with your model.

--
Best Regards
Phillip

Dear Phillip,

Thank you so much ... the problem is solved.

Best wishes,
Wanaruk
[QUOTE] Hi, the times that you chose for your study are not necessarily equal to the time steps chosen by the solver. Thus, you always get interpolation solutions. Try to change the solver time stepping to “strict” to force the solver to calculate the solutions exactly at the desired times (Study 1 --> Solver Configurations --> Solver 1 --> Time-Dependent Solver 1 -> Time Stepping). Good luck with your model. -- Best Regards Phillip [/QUOTE] Dear Phillip, Thank you so much ... the problem is solved. Best wishes, Wanaruk

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.