Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

defining temperature of inlet fluid?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

How do I inject a fluid with a required temperature through an inlet?

Obviously it's temperature needs to be different from the initial fluid in the model .

thanks

Dave

3 Replies Last Post Jan 27, 2014, 4:20 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 17, 2014, 12:13 p.m. EST
rightclick at the heat transfermodule and add "+Temperature" choose your bondary and set a temperature
rightclick at the heat transfermodule and add "+Temperature" choose your bondary and set a temperature

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 17, 2014, 4:06 p.m. EST
Hi

OK I found that it works using the Conjugate Heat Transfer module, see Heat Sink model example.

In this model fluid (laminar flow) is introduced through the inlet at a predefined temperature.

I tried doing this with the multiphysics heat transfer module +laminar flow without success.

Can someone confirm that is only possible with Conjugate Heat Transfer ?

Thanks

David
Hi OK I found that it works using the Conjugate Heat Transfer module, see Heat Sink model example. In this model fluid (laminar flow) is introduced through the inlet at a predefined temperature. I tried doing this with the multiphysics heat transfer module +laminar flow without success. Can someone confirm that is only possible with Conjugate Heat Transfer ? Thanks David

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 27, 2014, 4:20 a.m. EST
Hi David,

your problem is very strange.
You need only to define a boundary condition for the temperature. It should be possible in all the heat transfer modules.
try to post your file, I will check!

--
Marino Miccio
Chemical Engineer
marinomiccio.wix.com/home
Hi David, your problem is very strange. You need only to define a boundary condition for the temperature. It should be possible in all the heat transfer modules. try to post your file, I will check! -- Marino Miccio Chemical Engineer http://marinomiccio.wix.com/home

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.