Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Voltage vs thickness of Piezo

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to see the variation of voltage generated by a free piezo with varying thickness of piezo, under given strain.

I expect the variation to be linearly proportional, I am attaching the equations (Voltage_Vs_Thickness.png file, available at C:\Program Files\COMSOL\COMSOL43b\doc\pdf\MEMS_Module\MEMSModuleUsersGuide) used by COMSOl and supporting calculations (calculations.jpg file) required further.

I modelled the free PZT and swept the thickness of piezo (study 3) but unfortunately the behavior is coming otherwise.

Please clarify.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Naveet.

0 Replies Last Post Jan 15, 2014, 12:52 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Naveet Kaur

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.