Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

plots

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i have top and mottom temperature of a membrane and i want to get a sinosoidal output showing how temperature rise and fall with time . is there any option to get sinosoidal plots

4 Replies Last Post Nov 7, 2013, 5:30 a.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 6, 2013, 2:42 p.m. EST
Anny,

sure you can plot temperatures. E.g. you can choose a point on the boundary and plot it's temperature in a point plot as a function of time if you are running a transient study. You will get a sine wave if the quantity you plot behaves like a sine wave. This is just one of many options. It is still pretty unclear what the objectives are.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Anny, sure you can plot temperatures. E.g. you can choose a point on the boundary and plot it's temperature in a point plot as a function of time if you are running a transient study. You will get a sine wave if the quantity you plot behaves like a sine wave. This is just one of many options. It is still pretty unclear what the objectives are. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 7, 2013, 1:34 a.m. EST
thanks dear for your response
actually i have 2d rectangle height=0.04mm and width =3mm
i want to apply a step input showing on off state to the bottom plate as boundry condition.
all other sides have a temperature of 300K
is there any fuction for my help?
thanks dear for your response actually i have 2d rectangle height=0.04mm and width =3mm i want to apply a step input showing on off state to the bottom plate as boundry condition. all other sides have a temperature of 300K is there any fuction for my help?

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 7, 2013, 2:07 a.m. EST
i am using rect1 (t) to the bottom side of rect
but my plot is blank
i am using rect1 (t) to the bottom side of rect but my plot is blank

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 7, 2013, 5:30 a.m. EST

A step input will not yield sine waves in a thermal model. Still unclear what you do. What is on - off?

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
A step input will not yield sine waves in a thermal model. Still unclear what you do. What is on - off? -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.