Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

why it is different between Axial 2D and 3D in Non-Newtonian Flow.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hellow, i have used this for about 2 weeks. but i have some problems. so i need some help.

i drawn a model of the cylinder which is same both them. and they are same values, boudary
conditions... but it differs for the results.... 2D(Axial) is 2 times of 3D for the result.

if you have some time to watch my attached files, please tell me what it is worng.

Thank you.

3 Replies Last Post Dec 2, 2013, 5:26 a.m. EST
Bettina Schieche COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 12, 2013, 3:04 a.m. EST
Hi,

you may check the meshes for both models. The finer the meshes the closer should be your results.

Best Regards
Bettina Schieche
Hi, you may check the meshes for both models. The finer the meshes the closer should be your results. Best Regards Bettina Schieche

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 2, 2013, 5:26 a.m. EST
Thank your reply.

But... i think the mesh size is not relatived of this problem.....

Thank your reply. But... i think the mesh size is not relatived of this problem.....

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 2, 2013, 5:26 a.m. EST
Thank your reply.

But... i think the mesh size is not relatived of this problem.....

Thank your reply. But... i think the mesh size is not relatived of this problem.....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.