Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Vanadium Redox Flow Battery, Model ID: 14153, negative Concentrations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOL Community,
I have a question regarding negative Concentrations in the example Vanadium Redox Flow Battery, Model ID: 14153 that is posted in the model gallery. (www.comsol.com/model/vanadium-redox-flow-battery-14153)
If the inlet velocity is reduced to 3[ml/min]/(wCell*L_e) then the concentration of V2/V5 is negative. How is this possible or how can you avoid this?

Kind regards,
Michael Remy

1 Reply Last Post Nov 6, 2013, 1:00 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 6, 2013, 1:00 p.m. EST
If nobody works on the same specific topic, is there any general advice you could give me on negative concentration? I tried with denser meshes, but the problem stays the same. There is the possibility of using Logarithms and e-functions, but I don't really like this approach because I don't know how it will effect my solutions.

I am hoping for some help.

Kind regards,

Michael
If nobody works on the same specific topic, is there any general advice you could give me on negative concentration? I tried with denser meshes, but the problem stays the same. There is the possibility of using Logarithms and e-functions, but I don't really like this approach because I don't know how it will effect my solutions. I am hoping for some help. Kind regards, Michael

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.