Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Line Graph using expression for x-axis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am doing magnetic field simulations to validate analytical models. For this I need to have the line graph of the radial field in the airgap for example. This works fine, as long as I plot it over the arc length. However I would like to plot it over the angle. I defined an angle (sys2.phi) and the plot works fine, except that Comsol connects the end with the start with a straight line, which messes up my plot.

Does anybody know how to get rid of this connection?
Is there a way to plot over [0, 2Pi), which would solve the problem?

Regards
Yannick

3 Replies Last Post Dec 3, 2013, 6:22 a.m. EST
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 23, 2013, 5:29 a.m. EDT
Hi Yannick,

Can you send a sample model to illustrate what you mean?

Sven
Hi Yannick, Can you send a sample model to illustrate what you mean? Sven

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 23, 2013, 7:16 a.m. EDT
Thanks for the quick reply

The screenshots illustrate the behaviour.
The x-Axis-Data uses the Parameter: Arc Length or Expression.
With expression I use sys2.phi as the parameter.

Hope this is what is needed,

Yannick
Thanks for the quick reply The screenshots illustrate the behaviour. The x-Axis-Data uses the Parameter: Arc Length or Expression. With expression I use sys2.phi as the parameter. Hope this is what is needed, Yannick

Jes Bøgeskov Thomsen

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 3, 2013, 6:22 a.m. EST
Hey all,

I do I have the same problem and it will be great if anyone can answer how for deleting the straight line

regard Jes
Hey all, I do I have the same problem and it will be great if anyone can answer how for deleting the straight line regard Jes

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.