Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boiling water

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am designing a humidification system for a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell test stand and I would like to know if someone could tell me if it could be possible to simulate in COMSOL boiling water in a cylinder insulated with a heating tape in order to evaluate the energy balance and therefore the outlet temperature. I think I have seen some boiling samples for the software but I am not sure how to implement the insulation part since it is a combination between heat transfer and electricity supply (the heat taping around the cylinder has 300 W of power to heat up the whole thing).

Thanks in advance.

Joan

0 Replies Last Post May 12, 2013, 6:23 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Joan Albet

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.