Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

New version

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a model which I created in 4.3a and that ran OK in 4.3a. I have updated to 4.3b today, but the model won't run :(

I get various errors including:
Failed to evaluate operator Jacobian.
Failed to evaluate operator Jacobian.
- Operator: mean
- Geometry: 1
- Boundary: 5 6 7
Mean operator requires an adjacent entity of higher dimension.
Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.
- Variable: mod1.v
- Geometry: 1
- Boundary: 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 20 24 31 32 33 34 47 48 49 50 51

I have tried to reopen the model in 4.3a but it won't open as it was saved in 4.3b. Is there anyway I can get round this? There is obviously something that 4.3b doesn't like in the model and I don't want to have to create the model from scratch again as it's pretty complex.

1 Reply Last Post May 7, 2013, 12:32 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 7, 2013, 12:32 p.m. EDT
Hi Rachel,

If you send this model in to support (www.uk.comsol.com/support/case/), one of our engineers will take a look and find out why this is failing to work in 4.3b.

Best regards,

David
Hi Rachel, If you send this model in to support (http://www.uk.comsol.com/support/case/), one of our engineers will take a look and find out why this is failing to work in 4.3b. Best regards, David

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.