Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Diffusion through Teslin Paper

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am having trouble creating a model. I am trying to create a model that can determine whether or not chemical solutions will diffuse through a porous Teslin paper test strip. I want the chemicals to have an initial concentration in a small square shape on one end of the test strip. I am having trouble choosing the correct physics that allows me to have this initial condition. I have attached a file of what my strip will look like. The file contains three squares which represent chemicals, but for simplicity, I am only modeling the top one out of the three. That square at the top is where the chemicals will start. I want to see if, over time, the chemicals stay in that initial square or if they diffuse out of those bounds.

2 Replies Last Post Apr 29, 2013, 9:24 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 27, 2013, 3:03 p.m. EDT
sup ranslow.
sup ranslow.

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 29, 2013, 9:24 a.m. EDT
HI TJ. you just got me really excited that someone replied back to me. don't get my hopes up like that
HI TJ. you just got me really excited that someone replied back to me. don't get my hopes up like that

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.