Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

electro-convection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can Comsol solve an electroconvection problem? To clarify: a polar gas or liquid moves in nonuniform electric field. Thus, we need to solve for electrostatics, and the known field distribution will determine volume forces acting on the medium. I guess AC/DC and non-isothermal flow modules need to be involved, but i did not see any volume forces generated by electrostatics. Anyway, the flow was not affected by electric field. Any ideas?

2 Replies Last Post Apr 1, 2013, 9:36 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 30, 2013, 3:47 a.m. EDT
Hi

It's not my field, but I believe to have seen several models in the Model Library, and on their we site under Model Gallerie, have you checked ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi It's not my field, but I believe to have seen several models in the Model Library, and on their we site under Model Gallerie, have you checked ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 1, 2013, 9:36 a.m. EDT
Thanks Ivar,

I have browsed thru the gallery-no luck.
Thanks Ivar, I have browsed thru the gallery-no luck.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.