Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What does R_const represent?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

Perhaps this is a silly question, but I cannot find the answer anywhere so I will ask anyways!
What does R_const represent in comsol? I cannot find what it means but it is used in a library model that I am trying to understand (Porous Rector with injection needle).
Thank you,

Kelley

1 Reply Last Post Mar 27, 2013, 2:46 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 27, 2013, 2:46 a.m. EDT
Hi,

R_const stands for Universal Gas Constant: 8.3144621J/(mol*K).

Following introduction gives all used constants (pages 124-125):

www.comsol.com/shared/downloads/IntroductionToCOMSOLMultiphysics.pdf

Best regards

Tero
Hi, R_const stands for Universal Gas Constant: 8.3144621J/(mol*K). Following introduction gives all used constants (pages 124-125): http://www.comsol.com/shared/downloads/IntroductionToCOMSOLMultiphysics.pdf Best regards Tero

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.