Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems Converting .mph to .m

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am working within the fluid-structure interaction module in COMSOL. I would like to vary one of my geometric parameters to optimize a design, and as you all know, COMSOL with MATLAB is the best place to do this. My problem is this, specifically:

When I 'Save as Model-M File' and open up that file in MATLAB, much to my surprise I find all my parameters to be different than what I have saved in my original COMSOL file! This is not limited to different fluid velocities at the inlet, but also inclues completely altering my geometry that I have specified in the original model.

Does anyone have any inkling as to why COMSOL is doing this? It is obviously very frustrating, and I am pretty new with the interface so I am lost as to what is happening here.

Thanks for your help!

0 Replies Last Post Feb 26, 2013, 11:30 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ben Paxson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.