Using multiple load cases in a frequency analysis/sweep study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

I would like to perform a frequency sweep vibroacoustic analysis of a vibrating cantilever plate. I can create a number of different loadings, and then analyse each loading using a separate analysis run. The solution is computationally expensive to set up, and it would save a lot of time if I were able to solve for each load case (right-hand side of the system of equations) once the main matrix is computed.

Although this is something that is possible when performing a static stress analysis, I can't seem to find a way of doing the same thing while performing a frequency sweep.

Is it possible to analyse multiple load cases when performing a frequency sweep? If so, can some tips be provided as to the methodology that needs to be followed?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

1 Reply Last Post May 7, 2024, 3:02 a.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 weeks ago May 7, 2024, 3:02 a.m. EDT

You do exactly the same thing as for stationary analysis. Attach load groups to the loads and define the load cases in the Study Extensions section of the Frequency Domain study step.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
You do exactly the same thing as for stationary analysis. Attach load groups to the loads and define the load cases in the **Study Extensions** section of the **Frequency Domain** study step.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.