To generate the transient response curve (Time Versus Amplitude plot)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am an amateur at COMSOL Multiphysics. I am currently running simulations of SAW resonators.

I completed the SAW frequency domain analysis (with the help of SAW tutorials and the COMSOL library) and am now going on to the time domain analysis. More specifically, I employed the base surface of Lithium Tantalate and Lithium Niobate wafers, as well as Al and Gold IDT (Inter Digitised Electrodes), to generate Surface Acoustic Waves.

I am sharing two images: the IDT dimensions and the literature copied (Courtesy) plot.

My question is how I can acquire the time vs amplitude response from the COMSOL software (Transient responses), and which physics / study should I choose? In the time-dependent solution I tested with Sinwt as input and the result were negative.

3 Replies Last Post May 6, 2024, 12:50 p.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 weeks ago May 2, 2024, 2:36 p.m. EDT

The image you posted was derived from a time-dependent (transient) simulation.

I am not clear on what you want to calculate from the geometry in the first figure.

In almost all cases posting the (reduced) actual model used, and stating what you want to calculate, is necessary in order to get any useful advice.

The image you posted was derived from a time-dependent (transient) simulation. I am not clear on what you want to calculate from the geometry in the first figure. In almost all cases posting the (reduced) actual model used, and stating what you want to calculate, is necessary in order to get any useful advice.

Posted: 2 weeks ago May 6, 2024, 1:37 a.m. EDT
Updated: 2 weeks ago May 6, 2024, 8:50 a.m. EDT

Thank you Dave Greve for your reply. From the picture side (Interdigitated electrodes), my queries were related to how to add physics/study into the above structure. The input response I tried as sinwt (terminal 1 voltage) and Terminal 2 as grounded, but results were negative. Around 10 IDT pairs were used, with alternating pairs were sinwt and ground terminals.

Thank you

Thank you Dave Greve for your reply. From the picture side (Interdigitated electrodes), my queries were related to how to **add** **physics/study into the above structure**. The input response I tried as *sinwt* (terminal 1 voltage) and Terminal 2 as grounded, but results were negative. Around 10 IDT pairs were used, with alternating pairs were *sinwt* and ground terminals. Thank you

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 weeks ago May 6, 2024, 12:50 p.m. EDT

If you really want help you need to (1) explain what you are trying to achieve with your simulation and (2) post your reduced model.

If you really want help you need to (1) explain what you are trying to achieve with your simulation and (2) post your reduced model.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.