transient analysis in contact mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Among penalty, Augmented Lagrangian segregated/fully coupled, augmented Lagrangian dynamic, which are good for transient analysis?

4 Replies Last Post Mar 16, 2024, 10:48 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 month ago Mar 14, 2024, 9:06 a.m. EDT

As always, it depends on the specific case. The documentation gives a few hints and there are examples in the application library.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
As always, it depends on the specific case. The documentation gives a few hints and there are examples in the application library.

Posted: 1 month ago Mar 14, 2024, 10:26 a.m. EDT

Hi Prof Kaiser, thank you. I read the documentation and examples. I'd like to read more since there aren't enough examples to offer enough experience.

Hi Prof Kaiser, thank you. I read the documentation and examples. I'd like to read more since there aren't enough examples to offer enough experience.

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 month ago Mar 14, 2024, 1:12 p.m. EDT

Well I am not a professor. I recommend to test things in own models and compare different approaches if you have the software.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Well I am not a professor. I recommend to test things in own models and compare different approaches if you have the software.

Posted: 1 month ago Mar 16, 2024, 10:48 a.m. EDT

Any other answers please?

Any other answers please?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.