Inquiry on Modeling Two PDEs with Three Dependent Variables in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a simulation in COMSOL Multiphysics involving two partial differential equations (PDEs) with three dependent variables T, V, and P.

Specifically, I have the following conditions:

When T > 5, I assume V = 0. In this case, the system can be simplified to include only equations for T and P.

When T < 5, I assume P = 0. In this case, the system can be simplified to include only equations for T and V.

What I would like to ask is how to define the dependent variables of these two PDEs: T, V, and P, because within my ability two PDEs can only define two independent variables, and the third one I can't add.

Thank you!

0 Replies Last Post Feb 26, 2024, 6:11 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Antai Dong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.