Setting a Boundary Condition Related to Another Point

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm solving a second-order differential equation on a rectangular region with dimensions Lx and Ly. The solution denotes u(x,y) requires a boundary conditon of the form u(x=Lx/2,y)=u(0,y) and similar BCs. Essentially, I want to establish a relationship between the values at these two positions.

I appreciate any insights, suggestions, or examples from the experienced COMSOL users in this community. Thank you in advance for your assistance

2 Replies Last Post Feb 13, 2024, 10:54 a.m. EST
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 months ago Feb 13, 2024, 3:07 a.m. EST

Boundary Similarity or Extrusion function can probably help you.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
Boundary Similarity or Extrusion function can probably help you.

Posted: 2 months ago Feb 13, 2024, 10:54 a.m. EST

I appreciate your assistance René. I am currently exploring "Boundary Similarity" feature and am particularly interested in setting x-expression and y-expression within the "Boundary Similarity" function. Unfortunately, I couldn't find sufficient information in the main manual. If you have any additional details or if you are aware of a more detailed lecture or manual specifically covering the setting of x-expression and y-expression in "Boundary Similarity," I would be very thankful for your guidance.

I appreciate your assistance René. I am currently exploring "Boundary Similarity" feature and am particularly interested in setting x-expression and y-expression within the "Boundary Similarity" function. Unfortunately, I couldn't find sufficient information in the main manual. If you have any additional details or if you are aware of a more detailed lecture or manual specifically covering the setting of x-expression and y-expression in "Boundary Similarity," I would be very thankful for your guidance.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.