The meshing don't go further than 99%

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a reasonably complex geometry over which I want to create a mesh, but the "Finalizing mesh" step don't want to end. I tried with "Normal" element size and the "Extra coarse" element size, but none of them work. Do you have any tips or solution about this problem ?

2 Replies Last Post Jan 4, 2024, 1:24 p.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 months ago Jan 4, 2024, 11:24 a.m. EST
Updated: 4 months ago Jan 4, 2024, 11:21 a.m. EST

That last operation can be slow sometimes. There are several other mesh-related parameters you can set, but it is hard to advise you without knowing more about your model. I would not be surprised if there is a problem with your geometry, for example. I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
That last operation can be slow sometimes. There are several other mesh-related parameters you can set, but it is hard to advise you without knowing more about your model. I would not be surprised if there is a problem with your geometry, for example. I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum.

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 months ago Jan 4, 2024, 1:24 p.m. EST

Often a custom mesh can solve problems like this. In most cases I mesh starting from the inner parts of the model and make my way to the outer domains. This way I can easily detect which part creates issues and a well designed custom mesh can be more efficient than an automatically generated mesh. It takes more consideration in the beginning of course.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Often a custom mesh can solve problems like this. In most cases I mesh starting from the inner parts of the model and make my way to the outer domains. This way I can easily detect which part creates issues and a well designed custom mesh can be more efficient than an automatically generated mesh. It takes more consideration in the beginning of course. Cheers Edgar

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.