Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic field Variation from a Cylindrical shaped Permanent Magnet

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

Kindly help me to solve the below issue.

My model is a very simple one, consisting of a permanent magnet having a residual magnetic field, say along X direction, of 1 T. Magnet is circular in shape of radius 15mm and height 5 mm. I have a put large enclosure (around this magnet) with permeability = 1 to simulate the presence of air.

Bottom face of the Magnet is placed along XY plane, at Z = 0.

My objective is to find the X component of the magnetic field along a cross-section line formed between the points (x =-0.003, y= 0, z = -0.003) and (x =0.003, y= 0, z = -0.003))

Meshing chosen: Extra Fine, Normal; COMSOL Version: 3.4

Snapshots of the result obtained, with different meshing, is attached.

Problem: The field along the above line is different for different types of meshing.
I want to study the exact variation of field along this line.
Moreover, the field variation is not a continuous curve and has many discontinuities which are unexpected.

Is there any settings/method in COMSOL by which i can obtain a continuous and correct variation of magnetic field (along X direction) along the above line.

Thanks in Advance,
Best Regards,
Anoop

0 Replies Last Post Nov 27, 2012, 8:07 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anoop C S

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.