Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with 3 Phase Flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The problem is of 3-phase flow of water, oil and air. I used basic materials for this, and yet, I am getting this error, where muB is the Bulk viscosity of water:

"Failed to evaluate initial residual for segregated step 1. Undefined material property 'muB' required by Three-Phase Flow, Phase Field 1 (tfpf1)"

I checked the bulk viscosity definition for water, and COMSOL says here: Air and Water Properties that it is defined as: 2.79 * dynamic viscosity, internally. This dynamic viscosity in turn is just defined as: eta(T). Nothing more. There are lots of other variables defined as a relation of time. I have no idea what to do with this.

Here's an image of the material definition: Water Material Properties

1 Reply Last Post Jun 11, 2023, 1:12 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 11 months ago Jun 11, 2023, 1:12 p.m. EDT

T is temperature, not time.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
T is temperature, not time.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.