Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piezoelectric transducer for liquids

Muhammad Mohsin Rehman

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am using COMSOL to model a piezoelectric transducer directly coupled with liquid (oil or water) and using the tutorial provided in COMSOL website in this aspect. I am just defining one boundary of piezoelectric material as oscillating boundary (applied with voltage) and the other one grounded but am not sure about the results. Can any one answer a few queries regarding this?

- Are there any reflections of ultrasonic waves from liquid when placed in this way?
- How can I check the impedance matching characteristics of the piezoelectric especially the acoustic impedance?
- Can I change the phase or beam angle of piezoelectric transducer? If so, how?
- After having a look on the attached image, can some one explain the result and why I am getting this?

Many thanks in advance for any of your help.

2 Replies Last Post May 21, 2017, 9:05 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Muhammad Mohsin Rehman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 7 years ago Mar 24, 2017, 5:50 a.m. EDT
Hiii,

Can you attach the .mph file? It is very difficult to say answer from the image.

Thanx.
Hiii, Can you attach the .mph file? It is very difficult to say answer from the image. Thanx.

Posted: 7 years ago May 21, 2017, 9:05 p.m. EDT
Hi,
Have you solved your problem? I have the same problem with you. Could you send me your model? I'd appreciate it.
Hi, Have you solved your problem? I have the same problem with you. Could you send me your model? I'd appreciate it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.