Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

New guy need some help.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm very new to Comsol and I have several questions.

1.Since I'm more proficient in Matlab is there anyway to use Comsol solvers through Matlab?

2.I need to solve a homogeneous wave equation:

d^2E(x)/dx^2+w^2*eps(x)*mau(x)*E(x)=0

At first to get a hold of things I tried to solve it eps and mau as constants,but when I take boundary conditions of zero at both ends I just get a straight line instead of a sinusoidal wave.
What boundary conditions should I use?

3.When I get the results I see one line but if the answer is complex how can I choose to see the real/imag/abs of the solution?

4.Is there a script base Comsol interface?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 14, 2010, 12:53 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 14, 2010, 12:53 p.m. EST
Follow up question, can I solve the wave equation with only one boundary conditions and let the other boundary be resolved by the solver?
Follow up question, can I solve the wave equation with only one boundary conditions and let the other boundary be resolved by the solver?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.