Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Explicit Event Unknown Reinitialization Variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello comsol forums:

I am trying to utilize the explicit events interface to scale materials conductivity every 10 ns. However, I am running into a roadblock. Whenever I do this, I continually get the error:

• Feature: Compile Equations: Time Dependent (sol1/st1) Unknown reinitialization variable comp1.Test_Variable.

This is despite the fact that I have the variable defined inside the comp1. I have tried to debug this quite a bit but have yet to find an adequate solution to the issue. I am attaching a test case that reproduces this issue. I'm sure this is a dumb mistake on my part and I am simply not catching it but hopefully someone can catch it rather easily. Thank you!!!

0 Replies Last Post Oct 18, 2022, 2:18 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello William Stone

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.