Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The error "Internal error in geometry decomposition"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Please, explain me about this error "Internal error in geometry decomposition".I am using comsol 4.2, i meet the error when i built a new model.
thanks you for comment !

2 Replies Last Post Sep 7, 2012, 12:47 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 6, 2012, 11:42 a.m. EDT
Hi

my experienc is that it comes from small features that COMSOl does not manage to import correctly, or CAD format that is not correctly linked such that there are gaps in the polylines.

Sometimes it helps by reducing further the CAD tolerance value

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi my experienc is that it comes from small features that COMSOl does not manage to import correctly, or CAD format that is not correctly linked such that there are gaps in the polylines. Sometimes it helps by reducing further the CAD tolerance value -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 7, 2012, 12:47 a.m. EDT
thank you for your feedback
thank you for your feedback

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.