Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Importing the solved Soltion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have solved a solution for a 3D object, I'm going to import this solution for another solver so that I could be able to use the results for the solution 1 and save running time. Is there anybody can help me in this regard?

Thanks,
Pouya

2 Replies Last Post Sep 1, 2012, 2:40 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 1, 2012, 9:06 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I'm not sure how to do this, but I think perhaps you can manage to put the two simulations together as sub-projects of one project. Then the solution of one simulation as a variable in the project will be visible to the other simulation.

Looking forward to further comments from other people!
Hi, I'm not sure how to do this, but I think perhaps you can manage to put the two simulations together as sub-projects of one project. Then the solution of one simulation as a variable in the project will be visible to the other simulation. Looking forward to further comments from other people!

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 1, 2012, 2:40 p.m. EDT
Hi,

Assuming that I understand your question correctly...

Assuming your geometry is the same, then you can have any number of physics within a single model (e.g. Model 1) and create as many studies as you want such as study 1 to solve a stationary problem followed by study 2 to solve time dependent problem using results from study 1 and so on. So when you run study 1 activate the appropriate physics and the same when you run study 2, but when you run study 2 invoke results from study 1. As you already know this is done sequentially. Manuals explain this very well.

You can also see www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/31186/

Suresh
Hi, Assuming that I understand your question correctly... Assuming your geometry is the same, then you can have any number of physics within a single model (e.g. Model 1) and create as many studies as you want such as study 1 to solve a stationary problem followed by study 2 to solve time dependent problem using results from study 1 and so on. So when you run study 1 activate the appropriate physics and the same when you run study 2, but when you run study 2 invoke results from study 1. As you already know this is done sequentially. Manuals explain this very well. You can also see http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/31186/ Suresh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.