Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

External library cause error depend on OS

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, we have FNL on supercomputer with OS: Cent OS 6.5 And possibulity to run Comsol on Windows. I have a comsol project with imported external *.c library (dll, so). I solved project on linux machine and then try to interact with solution via gui and code on Windows. For Linux I use .os library for Windows .dll

And only if I have a solution from Linux with used external *.so library I have next error: File not found. - File I found log with correspond to this error it looks like this:

2022-06-10T20:34:16.448+0200 ERROR     [com.comsol.bridge]

Exception:
    com.comsol.nativejni.FlNativeException: File not found
    - File

Stack trace:
    at fllib.cpp, row 80, ()
    at com.comsol.nativejni.xmesh.PostInterp.eval(Native Method)
    at com.comsol.nativejni.xmesh.PostInterp.eval(SourceFile:40)
    at com.comsol.nativemph.xmesh.f.a(SourceFile:71)
    at com.comsol.post.dataset.aj$1.a(SourceFile:677)

If you have any suggestion please let me know. I did not have such a problem before I start use external C libraries.

1 Reply Last Post Jun 23, 2022, 9:21 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Jun 23, 2022, 9:21 a.m. EDT

Solution: Comsol search for external lib which have same name as during computation. Best way avoid this error it's use File Schemes and File Handling and same name such as user:///mylib.dll

Solution: Comsol search for external lib which have same name as during computation. Best way avoid this error it's use [File Schemes and File Handling ](https://doc.comsol.com/5.5/doc/com.comsol.help.comsol/application_builder_manual_method_editor.50.13.html) and same name such as ```user:///mylib.dll```

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.