Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter. Divergence of the linear iterations. Returned solution is not converged. Not all parameter steps returned - Magentoelastic Multiphsyics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm building a magentoelastic sensor model with two triangular geometries operating at 120-150 kHz. One of the elements has a partial mass load near the triangular tip and the other doesn't have any mass load. I'm unable to run a frequency domain study. I read that sharp points cause singularities that are difficult to converge and hence I've flattened the edges using fillet. I'm new to COMSOL and I don't know if I've used the correct meshing strategies. I keep running into the convergence errors. I've changed tolerances, tried different solvers but I'm not sure why the model doesn't converge.

I also occasionally get "Undefined value found. - Detail: NaN or Inf found when solving linear system using SOR" error while using BiCGStab.

With the same BCs and meshing, the frequency domain study works for a rectangular geometry. Please help with suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thanks, Krithika

0 Replies Last Post Nov 8, 2021, 4:00 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Krithika Sureshkumar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.