Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simple wire antenna

Ari Rolando Ortiz Moreno

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello there. I am really new to all FEM method and i am trying to simulate a simple wire antenna consisting of a bended wire in a semiloop, with one end conected to the generator and the other end connected to a 50 ohm load. The solver fails as follows: Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter. Singular matrix.

There are 1 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable comp1.emw.S2x. at coordinates: (0,0,0), ... and similarly for the degrees of freedom (empty columns in matrix). Returned solution is not converged.

Any ideas? Here is the file, https://dropfiles.org/AgX5LzD4

1 Reply Last Post Apr 21, 2021, 6:20 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Apr 21, 2021, 6:20 p.m. EDT
Updated: 3 years ago Apr 22, 2021, 12:44 p.m. EDT

I haven't looked at your file, but I (and possibly many other people) will be happy to do so, if you save a version with the solution cleared (which will make the file much smaller) and then upload it to this forum.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I haven't looked at your file, but I (and possibly many other people) will be happy to do so, if you save a version with the *solution cleared* (which will make the file much smaller) and then upload it to this forum.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.