Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

importing a txt file as boundary condition

Farhad Kazemi Khosroshahi

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi every body,

I would like to apply a temperature boundary condition on my model.the values of each node of the surface has different values included in the txt file. How can I apply it to my model?

3 Replies Last Post May 8, 2012, 10:02 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 8, 2012, 7:54 a.m. EDT
Hi

You cannot specify on which node, except if you add the points as "hard points" on line. But you can always import your values into an interpolation function and then map this onto the boundary, that is taken care of by COMSOL by default

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi You cannot specify on which node, except if you add the points as "hard points" on line. But you can always import your values into an interpolation function and then map this onto the boundary, that is taken care of by COMSOL by default -- Good luck Ivar

Farhad Kazemi Khosroshahi

Posted: 1 decade ago May 8, 2012, 8:11 a.m. EDT
Dear Ivar ,

Let me describe my problem more. I have gotten a temperature distribution from a model as txt file exported from the results part of COMSOL. now I want to apply this distribution to other model with the same geometry. is the COMSOL capable of doing this? If so, How?

Thank you
Dear Ivar , Let me describe my problem more. I have gotten a temperature distribution from a model as txt file exported from the results part of COMSOL. now I want to apply this distribution to other model with the same geometry. is the COMSOL capable of doing this? If so, How? Thank you

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 8, 2012, 10:02 a.m. EDT
Hi

yes, I believe it is already described here on the forum. You can export reslts from one model as a Export data file, and then you might import it via an interpolation function into a new model. But matlab allows you too to handle such cases, but I have not used this way so far, I have seen several comments of others that have had success like that, here on the Forum, try a search

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi yes, I believe it is already described here on the forum. You can export reslts from one model as a Export data file, and then you might import it via an interpolation function into a new model. But matlab allows you too to handle such cases, but I have not used this way so far, I have seen several comments of others that have had success like that, here on the Forum, try a search -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.