Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling fluid mechanics and heat transfer of air stream through a channel and the thin walls are allowed to inflate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I am trying to model the flow of air through a channel with COMSOL. The walls are not solid (as usual) and they made of fabrics, which allows inflation depending on the problem conditions (such as inflation of balloon).

I like to solve fluid mechanics and heat transfer governing equations as well as a governing equation to predict the inflation over the time due to the change in pressure and flow rates of the fluid.

Please advise on type of the governing equation can be used for the inflation modeling as well as the approach.

Regards,
Ehsan

1 Reply Last Post May 3, 2012, 11:40 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago May 3, 2012, 11:40 a.m. EDT

Hello all,

I am trying to model the flow of air through a channel with COMSOL. The walls are not solid (as usual) and they made of fabrics, which allows inflation depending on the problem conditions (such as inflation of balloon).

I like to solve fluid mechanics and heat transfer governing equations as well as a governing equation to predict the inflation over the time due to the change in pressure and flow rates of the fluid.

Please advise on type of the governing equation can be used for the inflation modeling as well as the approach.

Regards,
Ehsan

Hi All,

I think the better answer now is how easy I can apply the Fluid Structural Interaction (FSI) in COMSOL? Please advise if you are familiar with this type of problem and worked on that.

Regards,
Ehsan
[QUOTE] Hello all, I am trying to model the flow of air through a channel with COMSOL. The walls are not solid (as usual) and they made of fabrics, which allows inflation depending on the problem conditions (such as inflation of balloon). I like to solve fluid mechanics and heat transfer governing equations as well as a governing equation to predict the inflation over the time due to the change in pressure and flow rates of the fluid. Please advise on type of the governing equation can be used for the inflation modeling as well as the approach. Regards, Ehsan [/QUOTE] Hi All, I think the better answer now is how easy I can apply the Fluid Structural Interaction (FSI) in COMSOL? Please advise if you are familiar with this type of problem and worked on that. Regards, Ehsan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.