Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Metal growth on a insulator, Moving mesh help please

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

So I am basically copying the copper deposition in trench model( www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/2112/ ) though I am changing it so that the deposition in all at the bottom of the trecnch so that it grows upward. I have been trying to figure out how to get a solution and I am on my way but am having some issues.

1. If you look at the attached picture what I have is the result of a moving mesh(contact) growing onto the insulator and what I would like it to do is grow on top of the insulator but from the pic it appears to be pushing the insulator out and deforming it.

if I can I would like my solution to grow on top of the insulator, but am unsure how to make that happen.

2. I was noticing on one of my runs where I had the whole bottom part of the trench as a square and had both x,y mesh velocity set on the contact region it looked as though my mesh/solution were starting to protrude from my ref(the trech) greometry. Is there a way to make it so that the mesh is bound by the geometry??

Any suggestions, or links that may help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Lastly when I set it up with a stop condition then remesh and hit restart I thought it starts at the same time as the last step. For some reason my solution time keeps reseting to 0. I had it working right at one point but cant figure out what I changed.

Metal growth on a insulator, Moving mesh help please

0 Replies Last Post Apr 28, 2012, 2:16 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Matt Hein

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.