Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Increasing temperature gradient as boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm trying to model a chip moving in a chamber which has an increasing temperature gradient inside. We want to show how the motion of the chip affect the temperature of the surrounding gases. I spent several days to understand the deformed mesh but I have no clue about this problem by far. I'm new to COMSOL but really want to play it well.

Thanks.
Leon

2 Replies Last Post Apr 29, 2012, 12:53 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 26, 2012, 2:38 p.m. EDT
Hi

another way, if noting changes drastically except for your "sliding" movement, would be to use Geoemtry Assembly mode with a linear common boundary line somwhere in the middle of your air/gas interface, and slide the geometry, and use COMSOL to map the dependent variables across your sliding boundary. It works in ACDC linear motors, so why not in your case (just a suggestion, have a look)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi another way, if noting changes drastically except for your "sliding" movement, would be to use Geoemtry Assembly mode with a linear common boundary line somwhere in the middle of your air/gas interface, and slide the geometry, and use COMSOL to map the dependent variables across your sliding boundary. It works in ACDC linear motors, so why not in your case (just a suggestion, have a look) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 29, 2012, 12:53 p.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

Thanks for the reply. Also, could u send me a link or some details, examples about the ACDC motors?

Leon
Hi Ivar, Thanks for the reply. Also, could u send me a link or some details, examples about the ACDC motors? Leon

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.