Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

New user-defined material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'd like to add a material to the user-defined materials list.

I've looked through the manual and don't see how to do this.

Furthermore, there are no materials in the database that seem similar enough compared to any others to use as a starting point.

Thanks.

6 Replies Last Post Aug 25, 2017, 8:11 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 23, 2012, 1:03 p.m. EDT
Ah ha! I found it. Pardon the noise.
Ah ha! I found it. Pardon the noise.

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 14, 2012, 7:51 a.m. EST
how to define new material??
how to define new material??

Posted: 7 years ago Jun 21, 2017, 9:59 p.m. EDT
Sir How can I define Graphene oxide thin film? I have searched it in materials library but couldn't find.
Sir How can I define Graphene oxide thin film? I have searched it in materials library but couldn't find.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Jun 22, 2017, 8:06 a.m. EDT
Updated: 7 years ago Jun 22, 2017, 8:07 a.m. EDT
Adding your own materials and storing them for use in future models in a custom library is easy. See the chapter entitled "Materials" and in particular its section entitled "User-Defined Materials and Libraries" in the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics 5.3, page 599 and following. All manuals are accessed through File > Help > Documentation.
Best,
Jeff
Adding your own materials and storing them for use in future models in a custom library is easy. See the chapter entitled "Materials" and in particular its section entitled "User-Defined Materials and Libraries" in the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics 5.3, page 599 and following. All manuals are accessed through File > Help > Documentation. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago Aug 25, 2017, 7:50 a.m. EDT
Hi,

I'm using the old version 3.4, could you please explain where I can find a guide for adding a new material?

BR
Hi, I'm using the old version 3.4, could you please explain where I can find a guide for adding a new material? BR

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Aug 25, 2017, 8:11 a.m. EDT
Updated: 7 years ago Aug 28, 2017, 8:11 a.m. EDT
Sorry, but I have not used 3.4 in a decade.
Jeff
Sorry, but I have not used 3.4 in a decade. Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.