Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extrude/giving thickness to a parametric curve

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using a parametric curve to describe a geometry and I would like to give it a thickness (on the z-axis) to it. How can I extrude this correctly? Both extrude and sweep don't seem to work in this case. Any suggestions?

2 Replies Last Post Jan 18, 2021, 6:16 a.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago Jan 18, 2021, 5:48 a.m. EST

Guilherme,

you should be able to extrude the curve when you define it on a workplane.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Guilherme, you should be able to extrude the curve when you define it on a workplane. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 3 years ago Jan 18, 2021, 6:16 a.m. EST
Updated: 3 years ago Jan 18, 2021, 11:10 a.m. EST

Dear Edgar,

In my file, when I try to create a working plane, the 2-D representation of it includes all the other geometries drawn while I want to extrude the "square" I've created with the parametric curve. May I ask how I set the workplane to include only the parametric curve I've created?

EDIT: After a long while I understood that I had to insert the parametric curve inside the work plane in COMSOL. However now I need to fill this parametric curve (I want it to be a solid). Can I ask to directions again?

Dear Edgar, In my file, when I try to create a working plane, the 2-D representation of it includes all the other geometries [drawn](https://imgur.com/a/q7I6MU6) while I want to extrude the "square" I've created with the parametric curve. May I ask how I set the workplane to include only the parametric curve I've created? EDIT: After a long while I understood that I had to insert the parametric curve inside the work plane in COMSOL. However now I need to fill this parametric curve (I want it to be a solid). Can I ask to directions again?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.