Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic gears

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello dears I am working on magnetic gears. I kept seeing the errors, while simulating the study. I started with the axial gears with altering the design. Comsol teams have posted the study of axial magnetic gears. Link: https://www.comsol.com/model/axial-field-magnetic-gear-in-3d-22301 I wanted to change the design, firstly started with changing the number of magnetic pole pairs. Comsol team created 5 pole pairs for high speed, 2 pole pairs for low speed rotor and 7 steel bars between the rotors. I have changed those numbers to 4 pole pairs for both rotors and 8 steel bars. Everything was ok, it worked. Then, I tried to change the topology of these magnets. The boundaries of the magnets have straight face, but for the new design it has changed, they are curved. First problem appeared when I tried to mesh it. It refused to mesh one of the boundaries, then I added "free tetraherdral" for the "remaining" and it solved my problem, BUt I guess, It should not be solved in such a way. Then when I try to simulate it and it gives me some problems. Screenshot is given

0 Replies Last Post Jan 17, 2021, 9:21 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kaussar Mukhtarkyzy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.