Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stress versus strain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I want to plot strain versus stress to see how much strain is for corresponding stress on a a boundary. When I define line plot group, I have different options for stress and strains. Is there a document to explain what they are so that I can have some desirable choices? How can I plot sth like what we have in experimental stress versus strain in Comsol? Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Marjan

2 Replies Last Post Oct 24, 2013, 5:57 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 5, 2012, 6:38 a.m. EDT
Hi,

That is the best wiki page to understand it : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_%28mechanics%29

--
Marjan
Hi, That is the best wiki page to understand it : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_%28mechanics%29 -- Marjan

Ramamoorthy Sunil Kumar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 24, 2013, 5:57 a.m. EDT
Did you find solution to simulate stress-strain?
Did you find solution to simulate stress-strain?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.