Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D Laminar flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to simulate steady, incompressible, fully developed laminar flow in a simple rectangular deduct. The length L, width W, and height H is 10 mm each respectively. However, I do not want to solve for z direction (length) or into the screen direction.

I am selecting 2D model and drawing a square of 10x10 mm. All are non slip walls. I want to provide the pressure drop per unit length, deltaP/L and based on that I want to see the velocity maps on the 2D square.

However, I am not sure how to apply the inlet conditions? I mean, in 2D analysis, it asks me to select the boundary wall for inlet, but I have flow in z direction.

Can someone please help me? I can provide more info if its not clear.

Thanks very much.

0 Replies Last Post Nov 12, 2020, 5:22 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Faizan Ejaz

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.