Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to solve two different interconnected subdomains

NaveenKumar Honnagondanahalli

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello friendz,

Thanks for helping me in my previous ?'s.

Now i have one more problem plz help me.

I have 2 different pipes 10mm dia and 25mm dia and of lengths 500mm and 650mm. connected to each other.

The problem is i have less memory in my system. o is there any way like i solve 1st tube first and the i take the answer and solve for next. and can i be able to plot the result for both the subdomains.

Plz help me out bcoz i am running out of memory but also i need to solve this.

Thanks and hoping for the best.

Naveen.

1 Reply Last Post Jan 19, 2010, 2:17 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 19, 2010, 2:17 p.m. EST
Hi

When you have problem with RAM or PC access, I suppose you have to do as people did before "think" ad solve analytically, or at least simplify your problem.

So first if its in 3D, why not use 2D axisymmetry, and really is the length of the tubes relevant ?, is it just the diameter change region that is of interest ?

so why not in steps, first one simpletube section to get the output boundary conditions close to the "outlet", then use those output BC as input for a smaller model with the section change, and have the outled restrited by a pressure increase due to the remaining tube length ?

Or something along this way, there is always a way out, no

Good luck
Ivar
Hi When you have problem with RAM or PC access, I suppose you have to do as people did before "think" ad solve analytically, or at least simplify your problem. So first if its in 3D, why not use 2D axisymmetry, and really is the length of the tubes relevant ?, is it just the diameter change region that is of interest ? so why not in steps, first one simpletube section to get the output boundary conditions close to the "outlet", then use those output BC as input for a smaller model with the section change, and have the outled restrited by a pressure increase due to the remaining tube length ? Or something along this way, there is always a way out, no Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.