Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric Sweep messes up Geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all!

I am simulating Heat Transfer in Solid with Surface-to-Surface Radiation. During the simulations I want to vary the angles of some conical heat shields. I use parametric sweep for this, but when I run the sweep it messes up my geometry and the study cannot be done.

It seem that when I sweep the angles that a selection in my geometry gets changed and the subsequent sequence of the geometry is errorful.

Why is this so? And, can it be fixed?

Best regards, Yao

3 Replies Last Post Sep 26, 2020, 12:51 p.m. EDT
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 23, 2020, 11:51 p.m. EDT
Updated: 4 years ago Sep 23, 2020, 11:52 p.m. EDT

I have had this happen when part of the geometry disappears or otherwise changes for some value of the parametric sweep. Have you looked closely at the geometry before and after parameter value where the error appears?

I have had this happen when part of the geometry disappears or otherwise changes for some value of the parametric sweep. Have you looked closely at the geometry before and after parameter value where the error appears?

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 25, 2020, 2:47 p.m. EDT

Yeah, I have. The selection in a "Delete Entities" gets changed, such that some objects/domains are not deleted. This is very impractical in a setting where I want to sweep parameters.

Can I ask, how did you solve your issue?

Best, Yao

>I have had this happen when part of the geometry disappears or otherwise changes for some value of the parametric sweep. Have you looked closely at the geometry before and after parameter value where the error appears? Yeah, I have. The selection in a "Delete Entities" gets changed, such that some objects/domains are not deleted. This is very impractical in a setting where I want to sweep parameters. Can I ask, how did you solve your issue? Best, Yao

Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago Sep 26, 2020, 12:51 p.m. EDT

>

Can I ask, how did you solve your issue?

Best, Yao

I changed the sweep or maybe the geometry to avoid the problem.

> >Can I ask, how did you solve your issue? > >Best, >Yao I changed the sweep or maybe the geometry to avoid the problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.